Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] GtkUIManager problem

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] GtkUIManager problem
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 11:58:53 +0200

Michel Boaventura <address@hidden> schrieb:
> I've finally cross-compiling pspp using mingw-cross-env, and it is
> really helpful. Thank you for this great project.
>
> Pspp is made of two binaries. pspp.exe and psppire.exe. The first one
> runs from a command line, and works nicely. The second one uses gtk,
> and its not working at all. I'm getting the follow erros:
>
> Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module":
> `libcanberra-gtk-module.dll': module not found
>
> ** (psppire.exe:8): CRITICAL **: Couldnt open user interface file
> Z:\home\michel\ema/share/pspp/data-editor.ui:
> Invalid object type `GtkUIManager'
>
> Since gtk is compiled without shared libraries, how do I fix this issue?

Mingw-cross-env current has no support for libcanberra. You (or
some nice helpers on this list) could try adding a corresponding
"src/libcanberra.mk".

However, I don't know whether that module would actucally work
when linked statically.

If that's the case, we could then include libcanberra.mk into
mingw-cross-env.

Otherwise, you could try to build a shared library
"libcanberra-gtk-module.dll" on your own, or find an existing
project providing that binary.

I hope this helps you. GTK modules and static linking is one
of the open issues in Mingw-cross-env. In case you get any
insight into that topic, it would be great if you could report
that to us.

Greets,

    Volker

--