Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] FFTW with --enable-long-double and --enable-

From: Alexander Kojevnikov
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] FFTW with --enable-long-double and --enable-float
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 13:35:10 +1000

Hi Volker, thanks for checking the patch!

On 4 July 2010 12:59, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> 1)  Why do we need to call "make clean"? Won't the next ./configure
>    touch exactly the pieces that have to change, such that the
>    next "make" rebuilds exactly what needs to be rebuilt and reuses
>    everything else?

You are absolutely right, these cleans are indeed unnecessary. I
originally took Arch build script [1] as an example, but building
without `make clean` works just as fine. Debian [2] is not cleaning
either, so please just remove those two lines from the patch.

> 2)  Won't the latter "make install" commands overwrite the libraries
>    for the former installations. I mean, there's no prefix or suffix
>    to the fftw lib. All 3 versions seems to produce (and thus overwrite)
>    a "libfftw3.a" and a "libfftw3_threads.a" file.

FFTW adds prefices to libraries with different precisions, so you will
have libfftw3.a, libfftw3f.a, libfftw3l.a and their *_threads.a
counterparts.

Cheers,
Alex

[1] http://repos.archlinux.org/wsvn/packages/fftw/repos/extra-i686/PKGBUILD