Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] .mk for ffmpeg 0.6 -> Second version

From: Di Appoggio
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] .mk for ffmpeg 0.6 -> Second version
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 12:54:15 +0200

2010/7/14 Alexander Kojevnikov <address@hidden>
On 14 July 2010 19:50, Di Appoggio <address@hidden> wrote:

> - ffmpeg developers suggest to compile it through SVN and I don't know how
> to correctly manage the "define UPDATE" section in mk file (i've used an
> intermediate version on ffmpeg website)

While FFmpeg tries to maintain a stable svn trunk, Debian (and I guess
many other distros) uses point releases.
Look at MPlayer for example: 1.0rc2 is October 2007 while 1.0rc3 is May 2010,  too much time between two release candidate releases from my point of view!

> - other packages I've tried to include have the configure script that
> attempts to compile and EXECUTE a test program... that means that my shell
> doesn't know how to execute it (maybe including wine somewhere?).

Which package was it? I guess that check can be patched away.

Maybe gpac but atm I'm not very sure.

Now I'll try to compile MPlayer and I'll post here issue I'll encounter... and this will happen very soon!