Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] What to do if I need shared libraries?

From: M. Gerhardy
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] What to do if I need shared libraries?
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 11:52:51 +0200

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 10:45 AM, DiAppoggio <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Devs!
>
> Actually i'm x-compiling some opensource games that need shared libraries
> (static one aren't an option ) and I've started to tweak some makefiles; of
> course I can't simply "hg pull -u"  to get updates makefiles... is there an
> easy solution?

It would be nice if one could switch between static and shared libs.

e.g. the user can add a config.mk (that is optional of course and a
user can just override some vars in it) and define per target (default
is static) (e.g. gtk_STATIC = no) whether it should get build static
or not.

What do you think? Would that be worth the work?

Greetings
Martin