Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Compiling own libs with mingw-cross-env

From: David Bruce
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Compiling own libs with mingw-cross-env
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 16:15:37 -0500

Hello Volker et al,

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> David Bruce <address@hidden> schrieb:
>> I take it I need to write a "t4kcommon.mk" file like those under
>> mingw-cross-env's src, then run "make t4kcommon" in mingw-cross-env.
>> Then, I should be able to build tuxmath with mingw-cross-env as
>> previously, right?
>
> Yes.

I've worked on a t4k_common.mk, and gotten t4k_common to build and
install (apparently) successfully.  However, when I try to then build
tuxmath using t4k_common, I get a bunch of  "undefined reference"
errors arising from the code in t4k_common.  E.g., when a file in
t4k_common calls a function from SDL_Pango, it results in an undefined
reference error, which only shows up at the stage where tuxmath,
t4k_common, and all the dependencies are statically linked together.
Looking at the final gcc invocation in the make process, the needed
linker arguments (e.g. "-lfoobar") are indeed missing.

I can supply the exact files and output, but I'm looking more for
general knowledge than for someone to fix my specific issue for me.

So how is a lib in mingw-cross-env supposed to supply the arguments so
that all the libs it needs will be found?

(pardon my newbiehood, and feel free to point me toward a relevant fine manual).

Thanks for any help,

David Bruce