Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] What's missing?

From: Enoch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] What's missing?
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 13:34:53 -0400

On 10/11/2012 07:04 AM, Mark Brand wrote:
> Enoch wrote:
>> Do you know perhaps why the sqlite3.exe (the CLI) is not created?
> In src/sqlite.mk the "make install" command excludes it. This is in the
> spirit if MXE's job being to provide libraries. However, there are
> exceptions to this for executables that are useful for developers to
> have. For example, we build curl.exe and wget.exe. Do you think
> sqlite.exe falls into this category? I imagine applications might use it
> to run scripts.
>
> Mark

Hello Mark,

I certainly do as sqlite3.exe is essential for testing one's database
application, import the initial data, present the results to the Windows
user. That's true especially when one wishes to write short ad-hoc apps
and use existing tools for the rest.

I ended up getting the exe from http://www.sqlite.org/ which is not a
good practice for potentially not having matching software versions.

Thanks, Enoch.