Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gnutls failing to build

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gnutls failing to build
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 14:18:26 +0100

Robert Lipe wrote:
Hi,

I recently learned about MXE and was investigating it to replace the hodgepodge of tools I use to build GPSBabel. It looks really promising. My goal is to be able to cross-compile code that uses Qt, though I've used Mingw for cross builds for years. Unfortunately, I ran into a problem I couldn't find in the mailing lists.

I'm hosting on a Mountain Lion system. I installed MacPorts and all the required packages via your directions.GCC and Binutils and all their little helpers all build and work just fine. But a dependency for Qt jumps the rails.

$ make qt
[build]    gnutls

Failed to build package gnutls!
    You should use the 'AC_CONFIG_HEADERS' macro instead.
/opt/local/share/aclocal-1.13/obsolete-err.m4:12: AM_CONFIG_HEADER is expanded from...
configure.ac:30 <http://configure.ac:30>: the top level
autom4te: /opt/local/bin/gm4 failed with exit status: 1
aclocal: error: echo failed with exit status: 1
make[1]: *** [build-only-gnutls] Error 1

.git/HEAD shows I'm on stable, not dev, so I shouldn't have landed in a risky place.

Robert,

The stable branch is quite old. I recommend trying the master branch now. A lot has happened in in qt (Qt 4) and Qt 5 has been added as separate modules (qtbase, etc). With any luck, gnutls will build there for you too.

Mark