Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Geda/PCB build

From: Enoch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Geda/PCB build
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 21:08:29 -0500

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> writes:

> On 14/02/2013, at 8:19 PM, Tony Theodore <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Okay, the pcb source has some strange logic to look for -lbgd instead of
>> -lgd, and for some other reason doesn't detect gd functionality correctly.
>> To build pcb:
>>
>> tar xf pcb-20110918.tar.gz
>> cd pcb-20110918/
>> sed -i 's,GD=bgd,GD=gd,g' configure
>> ./configure \
>>     --host=i686-pc-mingw32 \
>>     --prefix='/Users/tonyt/dev/mxe/usr/i686-pc-mingw32' \
>>     --disable-update-desktop-database \
>>     --disable-update-mime-database \
>>     --disable-doc \
>>     GDLIB_CONFIG=/Users/tonyt/dev/mxe/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/bin/gdlib-config \
>>     ac_cv_func_gdImageGif=yes \
>>     ac_cv_func_gdImageJpeg=yes \
>>     ac_cv_func_gdImagePng=yes
>> make
>
> git checkout is much the same, just run `./autogen.sh` before `./configure`
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tony

Thank you Tony, it worked!

The following is for the attention of the geda guys:

Att. PCB Windows build
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks to Tony Theodore from the MXE project PCB's git checkout now
builds without a hitch a windows executable. <http://mxe.cc/> is an
impressive cross platform build solution and I recommend that it would
be considered as an alternative to minipack.

Most of us here, if not Windows users ourselves, have coworkers/clients
who would not accept anything but a Windows solution. I believe that
using MXE we would be able to maintain a better version sync between
Linux and Windows.

By the way, I am building my MXE stuff using this script
(-: which I call wean :-)
http://pastebin.com/j6KtVBTb

Apologies for this cross posting but I hope that in this case it is
justified.

Sincerely, Enoch.