Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] To build shared objects as option

From: Timothy Gu
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] To build shared objects as option
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 12:40:39 -0800

On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 11:32 PM, Tuukka Pasanen
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
> I've been testing this shared building roughly week now. My problem is
> getting Mixxx (http://mixxx.org) compile on MinGW and linux so that's
> why i'm interested in shared MXE.
> I forked Shared MXE and I've added plenty missing packages and enabled
> many packages to compile as shared DLL.
> Now I've asking should I even try to make pull request or is it just
> testing phase where ain't gonna get nothing in?

That was a *big* patch set!

I would recommend to separate adding new packages (chromaprint,
libid3tag, taglib, rubberband, vamp-pluings-sdk) to another branch,
that can be directly added to our current master branch.

Regarding your question on how to contribute to @tonytheodore's repo,
TBH I don't really know as I am not @tonytheodore. But if you really
want to contribute, I'd say the following things:

1. merge the current master into that branch before the delta becomes too big
2. make a pull req to Tony's repo if he agrees

CC'ing the mailing list as I found out that this is not CC'd to it currently.

Timothy