[Mingw-cross-env-list] Merging (parts of) mxe-octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Merging (parts of) mxe-octave
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 18:47:25 -0400

Hi,

Back in February 2014 we discussed merging some changes from mxe-octave back into the MXE project. I'd like to pick that up again.

I'm no longer too concerned about native builds or trying to support MSVC.

For now, I would just like to see if we can get a basic build of Octave going in the current MXE system.

The steps outlined in this message:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/mingw-cross-env-list/2014-02/msg00037.html

seem about right to me.

Do all MXE packages now support shared builds? If not, I would try to make that change for any Octave dependencies.

Beyond that, there are about 30 additional Octave dependencies that would need to be added as new packages to MXE. I can work on that by porting the mxe-octave Makefile fragments and patches to the current MXE system.

Is this something you would be interested in?

To start, I'm attaching a changeset for GLPK. Does this look OK? I'm much more familiar with Mercurial than Git, so if something else that is needed, or if there is a better or preferred way of submitting patches, please let me know.

jwe