Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] problems compiling qtbase with mxe

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] problems compiling qtbase with mxe
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2018 20:18:47 +1000

hagen wegner <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Tony,
>
> thank you for your fast reply !
>
> the 'ps' output is:
>
> hagen    12885 19.8  0.3 134288 27352 pts/2    S+   08:51   0:11 make qtbase
> hagen    13171  0.0  0.0 112708   972 pts/0    S+   08:52   0:00 grep
> --color=auto make
>
> I also ran the 'make' with -d option.   Zipped output attached (too big to
> include here).   It seems make wants to run something in the ./usr/installed
> directory which is empty.   I don't know what should be there, that's why I'm
> stuck.

It’s not trying run something from there, that’s just where it puts the install
markers. The debug output almost looks like one of the reqs programs is
dropping into an interactive mode but that doesn’t make sense. What does:

    make check-requirements -d -r -n

output?

> Do I have to do a git checkout after the git clone or have I forgotten some
> other step?

There’s no other steps, you could probably do:

    make -t check-requirements

to skip this step but may have issues down the track. I’ll try to set up a
Centos vm and see what happens - do you have the commands you ran to install
the requirements?

Cheers,

Tony