mit-scheme-devel

[MIT-Scheme-devel] git pull is failing again

From: Matt Birkholz
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-devel] git pull is failing again
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 13:46:35 -0700

> From: Taylor R Campbell <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:40:00 -0400
>
> Again in a repository I haven't done anything in except `git pull' and
> non-destructive commands:
>
> % git pull
> [...]
> error: Entry 'src/edwin/basic.scm' not uptodate. Cannot merge.
>
> [...]
>
> What can I do?

I just did some "git pull"s that balked too.  I assumed it was the
usual confusion about whether a file has the "ident" attribute nor
not, and just cleaned up my working directories (again).  Some form of
"git reset" command seemed to get the thing clean.  In your "clean"
working directory, "git reset --hard" should suffice.