mit-scheme-devel

Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] compiling for OS X

From: Chris Hanson
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] compiling for OS X
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 21:12:11 -0700

Could you do the following:

1. Test whether the directory "/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk" exists
in your installation.

2a. If so, in microcode/configure.ac, modify the definitions of
MACOSX_CFLAGS and MACOSX_LDFLAGS to include the option "-arch i386",
which should force the architecture to 32-bit.  I'm assuming that the
default architecture has changed to 64-bit in the new xcode.  In this
case, I'm not sure why building a liarc binary wouldn't work, because
it shouldn't depend on the underlying architecture.  (Have you built a
liarc binary from a clean checkout before?)

2b. If not, change microcode/configure.ac to refer to a different sdk
that _is_ present.  This would explain why the liarc binary wouldn't
work.