mit-scheme-devel

[MIT-Scheme-devel] tied in knots with environments

From: David Gray
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-devel] tied in knots with environments
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 17:31:21 +0200

I've looked at the manual on using environments but I can't seem
to get the the system to do what I want. I've set up a band with ScmUtils
which get loaded up with scheme.ini . However I also load up some
definitions which plot files using the 'win32 package. If I do
(ge 'win32) all the plot stuff works ok but I can't access stuff from
ScmUtils. I almost get it to work if I go back up to the initial
environment with (ge user-initial-environment) and then
do (eval (plot '( 1 2 3) '(4 5 6))). This does the plot ok and then informs
me than #[compiled-procedure 15 ("global" #x32) #xf #xd2f1cd] has been called with 1 argument; it requires 2 arguments
Is this the correct way to call bindings from one environment to the other,
or did I miss something fundamental?

DaveĀ