mit-scheme-devel

Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Cleaning weak hash tables in secondary GC daemon?

From: Matt Birkholz
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Cleaning weak hash tables in secondary GC daemon?
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 14:21:22 -0700

> From: Taylor R Campbell <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 18:33:20 +0000
>
> [...]
>
>    Speaking of which, when are secondary GC daemons run?
>
> When space is short.

I can't find that.  I find trigger-secondary-gc-daemons! is called
only in gc-clean, which is called only in runtime/make.scm and
disk-save.

Speaking from experience, I have run Scheme for days, GCing huundreds
of times, and watched my free space wane, until I trigger-secondary-
gc-daemons! by hand (now, in a thread that counts GCs).

> The criteria MIT Scheme currently uses are pretty silly, because the
> heap size is fixed at boot.

What did I miss?  Or is the criteria, #f, what you thought was silly?