mldonkey-devel

Re: [Mldonkey-devel] mlMac

From: Petter E. Stokke
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-devel] mlMac
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 20:34:01 +0100

On Tuesday 02 December 2003 17:30, b8_bavard wrote:
> >  - Why doesn't mlnet give the MD4 for other networks than edonkey ?
> > I'd like to get it so as to find the file for preview..
>
> Indeed, the md4 is not enough to identify a file on other nets. We
> need another URI per file. Why is it used for preview ? What you want
> is the name of the file on the disk ?

The name of the file on disk (with full path), as well as the appropriate
hash, would be favourite. Preferably just obsolete the MD4 field and
replace it with a network-dependent hash field.

The path on disk of every shared file would also be nice.

--
Petter E. Stokke <address@hidden> http://www.gibreel.net/
PGP key: http://www.gibreel.net/key.asc