Re: [Mldonkey-users] speedup distribution of rare files [Was: Re: How t

From: Christian Brandt
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] speedup distribution of rare files [Was: Re: How to fight abuse of mldonkey]
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 03:29:32 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 5. September 2002 12:13 schrieben Sie:

> Also clients with a "evil" price policy could loose
> reputation. Clients could collect and share pricing policies of other
> clients.

 Again my 2cent:

 It simply gets to complicated for Joe Average and even I myself would try
to avoid the hazzles.

 Donkey isn't about "everybody gets perfectly judged and accounted", its
about "some give more, some give less" and the only disputed point is "what
about those who take everything for free?"

 Let me point out, that we are not talking about five or ten participants
in this monetary system, we are talking about several 100.000 users more or
less randomly connecting here and there. If its too autmatized then there
is no real need for it and if it takes to much actions from the user it
gets annoying. Finding the right path between could prove to be very
critical. Taking a Web-of-Trust to far or building something like an
full-blown-support economy would be scary ;-)

 But it would also offer an option for commercial distribution with
realistic conditions. This is some point which is interesting to watch: Why
wait in long queues when you can get the file at ed2k:amazon.com for 2EUR
in no time? You could buy special credits at Amazon and thats your way to
pay.

--
Christian Brandt

 life is short and in most cases it ends with death
 but my tombstone will carry the hiscore