[Mldonkey-users] mldonkey killing servers

From: Roland Arendes
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] mldonkey killing servers
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 13:01:26 +0200 (CEST)

http://forums.edonkey2000.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=41270&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=100

MLdonkey:

Please address this asap. As you know, the reputation of
mldonkey is not the best in these things.

We need a client which is not destroying the network.

I think the retry_delay and min_retry_delay is involved in this.

PS: I believe what lugdunummaster says, and on the long run _all_ servers
will use this patched version. Not to block mldonkey/bots, but for
the better resource usage (which is _way_ better. I tested myself).

>From what I heard I cannot believe your cussedness in this issue. Either
you do not want to see it, or you don't give a damn about it.

Don't get me wrong; the integrated server in the cvs-version is a great
thing and should add some servers to the network, but it should be enabled
by default (with 200 clients and 1000 files it should not make any big
difference in resource usage)

-Roland