Re: [Mldonkey-users] Connecting to OpenNapster/Soulseek/OpenFT/Audiogala

From: Jörg Spilker
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Connecting to OpenNapster/Soulseek/OpenFT/Audiogalaxy
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 21:41:45 +0200

Hi,

>I have not checked all the network for a while, but I know that OpenFT
>is evolving very fast, so that mldonkey support for it might be
>already obsolete. For Audiogalaxy, there are no servers, everything is
>controled on their WEB server.

so i can´t search for files with mldonkey within AudioGalaxy ? I had to
connect to http://localhost:4081 and then search for my files and download
them and mldonkey will catch the download ?

> For soulseek, the default server
>(nikita) is down, but another one is automatically downloaded from
>their WEB site: you must enable it once, wait for it to download the
>page, the disable it, and re-enable it. This time, the downloaded
>server will be used as the default server, and it should work :)

how exactly should this work? There is some server in soulseek.ini (i think
nikita.slsk.cz or so). Now i remove the server entry from soulseek.ini and
restart the mldonkey. I wait some time, stop mldonkey and disable soulseek
in downloads.ini. Now i restart mldonkey again and stop it again and finally
i enable soulseek again in downloads.ini ???

>For OpenNapster, I don't know. Mldonkey has currently no upload
>support, so that some server admins decided to block mldonkey clients.
>But I don't think it is the real reason:  most OpenNapster servers are
>completely overloaded by people, so that it is very hard to get a
>slot...

i had a short connect to some ON server in the last fews days. So the
overload seems to be the real reason.

Greetings, Joerg

- MLDonkey