[Mldonkey-users] MLDonkey 1.99 running on SuSe 7.0? (wrong GLibc-Version

From: Heiko Eidemüller
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] MLDonkey 1.99 running on SuSe 7.0? (wrong GLibc-Version)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 15:22:16 +0200

Hi,

big problem L

I’m running SuSe 7.0 and MLDonkey 1.16 worked just fine. Now – because of the known server changes – I want to update to MLD 1.99b8. Although I have 2 years experience in linux, I never compiled anything.

The Problem is that I have a wrong version of Glibc (Not only to compile, but to run the static version too). I downloaded the new rpm (2.2.5), but it needs a newer rpmlib to run.

Next step: I downloaded SuSe 8.0, but it doesn’t find a root partition when I want to upgrade?! And I don’t want to do a complete new install...

Thanks for any help, I’m trying for 4 days now...

Heiko