[Mldonkey-users] Some suggestions (very subjective)

From: Peter Müller
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Some suggestions (very subjective)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:56:45 +0200 (CEST)

Some suggestions about 1.99b8+6. Please forgive me if
it sounds like a little boy crying in his sandbox, but
I need a valve...

For popular files the client collects thousands of
sources (even with max_sources_per_file = 100) but has
lots of problems to connect them. Maybe they haven't
the requested chunks or they are dead or they banned
my client for reasons I don't know. I'll repeat it
once more: the lugdunum- and emule-connection did a
great job to castrate mldonkey. Maybe it sounds like a
troll,  but I need it for the valve.

Its really rare that two or more sources for the same
file are connected. I know that this depends even on
the remote clients too, but I missed it like I saw
(and loved) this in the older versions (e.g. in 1.16
where by bandwith was used most of the times - before
the witchhunt).

If a download is established, the transferrate is not
constant. It toggels around. Maybe this depends on the
delay between the core and the gui (different machines
here).

For some files there are no sources for weeks. A
Win98-Box here with emule found them this morning with
the same server-list (I can't trust my eyes - the
client with the most chunks was an emule too). I don't
know why, but mldonkey finds none of them or they
where hided. Yes, the conspiracy once more...

Is this the price mldonkey has to pay to be loved by
the rest of the edonkey-network?

Möchten Sie mit einem Gruß antworten? http://grusskarten.yahoo.de