Re: [Mldonkey-users] Downloading starts fast and then slows down

From: Jörg Spilker
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Downloading starts fast and then slows down
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 11:51:00 +0200

Am Samstag, 19. Oktober 2002 14:39 schrieb Fabian Henrici:

Hello Fabian,

> I had the same problem. Had about 210 downloads running. Paused about
> 30-40 of them and my download rate went back to max. I am wondering if
> this is a bug in mldonkey (2.00).

it seems that mldonkey can't handle too many downloads pending. I had about 80
files in my queue and download slows down very soon after start. I've now
paused lots of the 80 downloads letting only the really important ones left.
And now mldonkey is at max speed for about 4 hours (overall rate about 50 -
70 KB/s).

Probably mldonkey is too busy looking for new sources for all the files and
forgets downloading?

BTW: Can you connect to any overnet peer. Never suceeded to connect to
overnet.dyndns.org with mldonkey 2.00. As i remember, the latest 1.99 beta
worked.

Greetings, Joerg