[Mldonkey-users] Re: "id"-command

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: "id"-command
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:59:39 +0200

Sven Hartge <address@hidden> wrote:
> Philip Hofstetter <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Am Mittwoch, 23. Oktober 2002 23.38 schrieb Sven Hartge:

>>> So this is supposed to tell you your ID on the server? Interesting.
>>> Never worked that way.

>> yes, it is. If your eDonkey-Port ist directly available to other
>> clients, your ID is equivalent to your IP-Adress (in it's raw
>> integer-form). If this is not the case, the server will assign you an
>> ID which would correspond to anb address like 0.0.0.x.

> Ah! OK, this explains my confusion. How about changing the Server teb in
> a way this informtion is easily visible? For example by replacing the
> word "connected" with either "high" or "low"?

So, my ID is HIGH, I am connected to 3 Servers, all with more than 5000
users connected. But I still get _very_ few sources for my files, using
the latest CVS checkout, so the download rate is low, even for my poor
ISDN-line.

S°

--
Letzte Worte eines BMW-Fahrers: Der LKW wird doch wohl nicht ausscheren?