Re[2]: [Mldonkey-users] Re: MLDonkey pausing donloads Part2

From: Rainer Krauss
Subject: Re[2]: [Mldonkey-users] Re: MLDonkey pausing donloads Part2
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 18:30:25 +0100

Hi Fabian,

Sunday, October 27, 2002, Fabian Henrici wrote:

FH> do you know any reasons why downloads are paused besides a full disc?

never had such problems and the only reason for auto-pause i know of
is that mldonkey cant write to disc - this must not be a full disc.

I suppose you checked permissions. Are your disk writes very slow?
other stuff running in background and using all ressources sometimes?
Do you have any directory in the config that doesnt exist?

mldonkey uses sparse files, does your os prohibit this?

Do you have any downloads at all or are all downloads paused
everytime?

However, i would start with the disc access as i know of no other
reason files could be paused by mldonkey.

Maybe you should check out the sources, even its ocaml its not that
hard to read - i have done some changes to fit my needs without any
ocaml knowledge too (disabled the "score" rating because i use my
own small server list for example) - just comment out the pause
feature or add debug messages.