Re: [Mldonkey-users] STOP LEECHING, YOUR DAMAGING OVERNET!!!

From: kami petersen
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] STOP LEECHING, YOUR DAMAGING OVERNET!!!
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 03:37:58 +0100

greed or paranoia?

> > Seriously, everyone has noticed allready!!! Your are really hurting the
> > p2p community... dont leech.
>
> Whether mldonkey2 is the cause of the Overnet performance drop or not,
> leeching is bad...
>
> > Get the upload right!!!
>
> Until the Overnet upload works again, I see two solutions for mldonkey
> users :
> - disable overnet support altogether (disable overnet_search_keyword
> and overnet_search_sources, kill the core, remove any overnet peer address
> from servers.ini, restart the core)

and just how do you think we will get the upload right without being able to
test and develop it?

if you just would consider the nature of free software development and sit back
and relax for a couple of weeks you'll probably see that the overnet will be
benefitting from the addition of mldonkey, when sharing is _properly_
implemented (trust me, you don't want too see premature solutions to this, that
would be _really_ harming the network).

and don't forget that overnet in itself is still under development (although i
believe under dubious secrecy), and far from stabile...

/kokamomi