Re: [Mldonkey-users] mldonkey craches while commiting

From: turveysp
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] mldonkey craches while commiting
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 9:22:16 +0000

> No problem, cause I read, that I first have to "commit" them, but when I
> do this I get an error message like "from_gui: exception
> Sys_error("Input/output error") for message GuiProtocol" and the files
> disappear from the "download-complete"-dialog.
>
> What's wrong with my mldonkey?
>
> Can somebody help me?

Yes, this is a fairly common problem and AFAIK only occurs when you've launched
mldonkey into the background without redirecting stderr and stdout.  Launch
mldonkey with something like:

nohup ./mldonkey &> /dev/null

or

nohup ./mldonkey &> mldonkey.log

Be warned though, the log file will get pretty large pretty quickly - I don't
know off hand if there's a way of supressing the logging.

Simon

Dear mldonkey-users

I just found mldonkey on the internet and installed it on my linux server.

First I couldn’t believe how fast mldonkey downloads, but now, I’ve got a big problem with my downloaded files.

When some files are downloaded (for example some cuesheet-files) they’re not in the INCOMING-Directory.

No problem, cause I read, that I first have to “commit” them, but when I do this I get an error message like “from_gui: exception Sys_error("Input/output error") for message GuiProtocol” and the files disappear from the “download-complete”-dialog.

What’s wrong with my mldonkey?

Can somebody help me?

Thanks

Yours