Re: [Mldonkey-users] How to configure NAT for Mldonkey ?

From: Christian H. Kuhn
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] How to configure NAT for Mldonkey ?
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 00:37:50 +0100

Hi Martin,

Please would you limit your line length to max. 74.

& Martin 'Megac' Mokry <address@hidden> [2003-01-09 23:27]:
> Hi. Who can I find list of ports which are needed to be accessible
from internet? I have Mldonkey running on computer which has private
IP adress (192.168...) and is behind linux firewall. Which ports need
I to forward TO private ip address for full mldonkey functionality ?

You find under File/Options/Plugins the installed clients. On every
client page you find a port. That port has to be forwarded. It's very
simple once you have understood your packet filter. If you have kernel
2.4.x and iptables, the following (assuming you did not change the
standard ports for the different clients) will work fine in your
/etc/init.d/rc.firewall:

# eDonkey for HOME
$IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $INET_IFACE -p tcp --dport 4662 -j DNAT
--to-destination 192.168.1.2:4662
#    SoulSeek
$IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $INET_IFACE -p tcp --dport 2234 -j DNAT
--to-destination 192.168.1.2:2234
#    LimeWire
$IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $INET_IFACE -p tcp --dport 6346 -j DNAT
--to-destination 192.168.1.2:6346
#    Napster
$IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $INET_IFACE -p tcp --dport 6699 -j DNAT
--to-destination 192.168.1.2:6699
#    Overnet
$IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $INET_IFACE -p tcp --dport 7873 -j DNAT
--to-destination 192.168.1.2:7873

If your FORWARD policy is ACCEPT, this is sufficient. If it's DROP,
you have to add

# we want to forward eDonkey packets

$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $INET_IFACE -o $LAN_IFACE -p tcp --dport 4662 \
-d 192.168.1.2  -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $INET_IFACE -o $LAN_IFACE -p tcp --dport 2234 \
 -d 192.168.1.2 -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $INET_IFACE -o $LAN_IFACE -p tcp --dport 6346 \
 -d 192.168.1.2 -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $INET_IFACE -o $LAN_IFACE -p tcp --dport 6699 \
-d 192.168.1.2 -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $INET_IFACE -o $LAN_IFACE -p tcp --dport 7873 \
-d 192.168.1.2 -j ACCEPT

If you have no idea what i'm speaking from, you should read the
excellent iptables-tutorial from Oskar Andreasson. I wrote my firewall
script according to that tutorial. If you wish, i can send it to you.

>Is there any FULL HOW-TO which explains EVERY .ini file and it's
options ?

Anyone else?

Kind regards,
Chris
--
Dazu paßt auch der Trend weg von der Kommandozeile: Dem Computer
*Kommandos* erteilen - nein, das geht nun wirklich nicht. Nein, *wir*