Re: [Mldonkey-users] long time for download

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] long time for download
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 19:23:29 +0100

Le Mon, 27 Jan 2003 19:13:22 +0100, xxavi <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Hi, is normal take a long time (2 weeks) for downloading a 113 mp3 files
> if I connect to 3 servers of 1000 servers availables?

Servers have almost nothing to do with download speed, they're used to find
sources, but after that sources themselves are what matters. Since mp3s are
usually small (unless they were full album mp3s ?), you must have spent most
of your time in sources queues, a little time really downloading.

Queues make the eDonkey network even less suited for small files.

See also:

http://mldonkey.berlios.de/modules.php?name=Wiki&pagename=WhyDoesItTakeXDays

BR,
Pierre.