Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: only LowID-peers ??

From: Goswin Brederlow
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: only LowID-peers ??
Date: 11 Feb 2003 21:13:54 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> ==> "sh" == Sven Hartge <address@hidden> writes:
>
>     >> I have the same problem.  not a single peer having a highID.  I
>     >> would really like to know what's going on.
>
>     sh> You have to dramatically increase max_clients_per_second. A
>     sh> good value seems to be 20.
>
>     sh> This is a sort of "bug" within mldonkey, LowID sources "eat
>     sh> up" all the connections mldonkey is allowed to make in one
>     sh> second, so it is not able to connect to Direct sources.
>
> That, and throttle the SYN packets coming in to your firewall
> to mldonkey.

Throttleing the SYN connects is actually a good idea but that will
limit "valid" LowID clients you asked to connect too.

I'm trying to mark connection to "initiated by me" and "initiated by
someone else" and account the traffic for each seperatly ot get an
image of whats actually happening. I'm probably going to do some
iptbales SNAT magic to get them into different port ranges. Wish me
luck.

MfG
        Goswin