[Mldonkey-users] Funny mldonkey connection problem

From: Pablo Wolter
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Funny mldonkey connection problem
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:07:22 -0300

Hi all:

I was trying to make mldonkey work in my office and I cannot. I research google to see wich information I can found to use but I don't have lucky on this.

The problem is as follow:

I run mldonkey in my laptop on my house dialing to the internet by modem and I can use it without any problem, but when I try to use mldonkey in my office ussing the LAN connection I cannot connect to any server, and the funny thing is that when I switch to Windows (I have both, Debian Sid and windows on the same machine) and run Kazza I can download with this software, so I think this is not a firewall issue (I'm not 100% sure about this) I try to tell mldonkey that I'm behind a firewall but I don't found this option to test it. Or to use a proxy server to run some tools like tcpdump and the like.

Could you help me please to understand how mldonkey works and how to make it work on my LAN?

Thanks in advance.

Pablo.

    .~.    Pablo A. Wolter N.                  .~.
    /V\    Usuario Linux Registrado #284649    /V\
   // \\   Debian Sid 2.4.18 - Oracle 8i      // \\
  /(   )\  Santiago - Chile                  /(   )\