[Mldonkey-users] The automatic server list updating is driving me crazy.

From: Colin Mckellar
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] The automatic server list updating is driving me crazy.
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 15:30:32 +0800

I want to connect to 5 servers but no others (long story, it has to do with a quota with my ISP). Unfortunately, I can't stop mldonkey from updating the list of servers to include many other servers. Things that I have done to try and stop this include:

in downloads.ini:

servers_walking_period = 0  (I heard this helped)
update_server_list = false
 web_infos = []

I am only using the edonkey network, so I disabled every other network.

I also put the servers I want to use (and only the servers I want to use) in the servers.ini file.

I am using the MacOSX version:
> version
MLNet 2.4-rc5: Multi-Network p2p client (Global Shares Gnutella BitTorrent Donkey)

I went through the archives of this mailing list, but nothing I saw fixed this problem.

Does anyone know what I am missing here?

Colin.