[Mldonkey-users] Uploaders speed column

From: Joao Correia
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Uploaders speed column
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 16:34:47 +0100

Hello all

        You can skip the "rant" part and go on ahead to the important
part of this email, if you wish.

        -rant begin

        First of all, it seems one of my last posts was misunderstood. I
asked for a feature about diff dirs for different download types and
such. I would just like to clear, that I don't think mldonkey is my own
personal program and I understand developers have other priorities and I
respect that, and program direction is not mine to chose. Still, this
list has always been the (IMHO) appropriate place to ask for features
and such, and I don't expect (as obvious) that all my requests (or none
at all) be fulfilled. My idea is just to throw some thoughts on possible
features to add, in order to make mldonkey the best all-purpose client
around for p2p networks. Remember we are competing (wether we like it or
not) against e-"bloated"-mule, and such wich have swiss-knife features.
Attracting new users means we have to give them what other clients do or
they won't change to mldonkey. (I abusely used the "we" form. I mean no
disrespect to the developers in doing this.)

        -rant ends

        Is it possible to add an "average speed" column to the uploaders
column? (Uploaded Amount/ct*60, I believe)
        Why not move the very useful (indeed it is) size of download
files/total download size from the top of the downloaders table to a
separate table (maybe placed before the downloaders, or after) wich
included also downloaded size of queued files/total queued files size
and downloaded size of running transfers/total running transfers files
size?

        Just my 2 cents,
        Thank you all for your time,
        Joao Correia