[Mldonkey-users] Torrent links from Windows IE?

From: Mike Jones
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Torrent links from Windows IE?
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 21:44:32 +0000

To seamlessly send ed2k://*, *torrent and magnet:* links to mldonkey
from the Windows IE browser I wrote a quick BHO which adds an optional
bar to the IE toolbars and redirects the URL to mldonkey.  Although
it works it seems like overkill.

Is there an easier way of doing this?  I can associate ed2k links
and have them sent to mldonkey using the mlsubmit.reg that mldonkey
creates in its home directory, but IE opens a new window each time
which is quite annoying.

The old mldonkeysubmit.exe tool doesn't handle *torrent files, and I
don't know how to associate *torrent links with an app and have it
work seamlessly.

The BHO IE extension works (browser helper obj) but did anyone find
an easier solution (especially for *torrent links)?