[Mldonkey-users] THE REAL MAGNETO EFFECT

From: openminded
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] THE REAL MAGNETO EFFECT
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 01:19:31 +0200 (MEST)

Please post this link at the gdf

http://www.zeropaid.com/news/read_comments.php?id=05062003a#<a
href=/php/user.php?uid=153880>scenario</a>

Hi Mike,

to say it first:
- The Partial File Sharing should be developed and be a MUST.
- The Queuing must be reviewed in more detail
- The REAL MAGNETO EFFECT should be excercised.
- and last not least, Sahreaza-GUI is Freezing and finding no G2-Hubs.

But fist:
well, it´s done.
Or Should I say: well done ?
It´s out. Reality.
So just some finetunings.
Well done Mike!
Do not spend a lot of time with it. Go straight ahead to the buddysystem.
Emule is dead, if the next version of emule has no gnuc DNA with SHA1.

Mike you are young. The danger is to sell it all to microsoft.
If you get older, then you will change your mind, let you tell this, so
please make in version 2.5. the sourcecode open? This is why I hope of sucess of
MLDoneky and Emule implementing gnuncdna. This is needed stronly.

Back to Sahreaza: So to the technical improovements from my point of view
(not clustered):

1. Partial browsing should not be able to disable !! Partial filesharing
with browsing and keyword-queryhitback is a MUST. This convention you please
have to swallow from edonkey.

> When connected to edonkey, partial file sharing is always enabled.
Fine, but give partials as well the queryhit back for keywordsearch ?
This is the true case, if not, then shareaza is leeaching emule, because if
emuleusers have to know the sah1, then they cannot obtain any fragment from
releases on shareaza.
As well the enabled PFS at ed2k-networkconnection is not giving back
queryhits to the g2-network, so this should be as well a "MUST". the whole
partial
filesharing should be reengeneered and there should be a MUST to share
partials as it is as well in Overnet. GOLDEN RULE: Partials MUST give back a
keywpord-queryhit for queries from any network.

2. Partial/Host/User browsing of emule and donkeys is needed to complement
and should work as well in Shareaza. We need host-browsing of emuleusers.

3. I am connected with 2 hub-slots - but they have both the same IP ???

4. Edonkey and G2 kills each other, no g2 hubs available, when connected to
an ed2k-server.
A lot of trys are needed to connect to g2, after one ed2k server was
installed,
did edoneky steel the bandwith to connect to g2 ?

5. Default is 3 x G2 and 1 x edonkey. I had problems with first start to get
the gwebchaches, though threetimes installing -> only edonekyservers.

6. Disable or hide by default the client coloumn view in the search results.
It does not matter from which source this file comes, because of the REAL
MAGNETO EFFECT (see down).

7. Edonkey partials import: Make it without pop-up asking if "yes" and
imported partials need a prefix like the md4 or the sha1 or another prefix when
import is already. HERE the making animals equal starts, says the pigs (but we
all know, that some animals are more equal!)

8.  There should be tree fixed lanes (in the gui) for default
_____________________
- g2 x 1 ////// NOT CONNECTED
_____________________
- g1 x 1
_____________________
- edokeyserver x 1
_____________________
I* f line 1 (g1) is not connected, please write: not connected in this fixed
line
________________________
Then the other hubconnections can be sorted as we can sort them.

9. Please make an enlighted button to the bandwidth bar-tool, which
indicates that all three networks are connected: g1 g2 and ed2k. Only THEN the
connection is truely completed.
If you call the three networks the ULTIMATE NETWORK (or Gnudo or Gnubidoo
etc.) then there is a button nedded indicating, that we are NOW on all three or
on the ULTIMATE NETWORK.

10. Can you switch edonkey to overnet ?

11.  Do not show ed2k-hashes in the search monitor or in tooltips if the
sha1 is availabe. This should be your golden rule !

12.  Swarming from both networks would be /is great, so that shareaza users
and donkeyuser appaer with ip or onlinename under each download, as I se it
is possible, bot only if I have both hashes clicked or found for the same
file?

13.  Hashing and import is not stable for 500 MB-files, Import is makeing
backups of mets, so they cannot be imported again, because of freezing the
import in shareaza was lost and then Importing does not work anymore again.

14. Stop the protocol from shareaza to shareaza over edonkeyprotocol!
Sharaza to Shareaza should use the g2 Protocol always !

15. This means announcing ip plus shareaza on emule-clients is not
recommended (case: green point with shareza-client)

16. Do not make colored points for each protocol or each client, now ALL is
gnutella or THE P2P NETWORK or THE ULTIMATE NETWORK (TUNET) . So users can
identify the protocol or the client by the name of the client, coloured buttons
are not needed. Please stop marking the sources or users or hosts and
servers with cloured points where they come from.

17. Partials created from edonkey should give back a queryhit for
keywordsearch in the searching gnutellanet.

18. Very Important: Search results clustering should work with ed2k and
g2-sources.
Maybe this is too much searching within the search tab, but in the download
tab this should be recommended. In the search tab if there are only
SHA1-results clusterd, as subroutine shoudl ask, if some of the results are
hybridhashing and know the ed2k-hash, and then this hash shoudl be searched
again, and
the results should be clustered within this cluster as well. Imagine only
searchresult-clusters with 50 % Ed2k-hash-resources and 50%-SHA1-Hashing
resources clustered. This is equal!

19.
- copy uri in downloads: Delete ed2k-output, only sha1.
- copy uri in library: both, ed2k until version 2.0

- copy uri in search results:
- - case: from searchresults with "12sources" "client edonkey", somtimes
both and sometimes onky ed2l or ed2kFTP is shown. Why ?

20.
Please only show a Hash if it is the SHA1 and when this is available
and as well then for copy uri:
IF SHA1 uri is available, please didable the ed2k output, only in the
library make both until version 2.0. / see as well #11 here.

21. The upload queue system is too complex. Delete the medium queue.
Delete the edonkey core queue name, What is the difference between edonkey
core and long file queue ? I also saw shareaza clients uploading within the
edonkeycore queue with mall and big files ?

22. Please Change the colored points as pre-fixes for the ipadress in
download-tab to an icons, that indicate, with which IP I can chat to.
So all ip adresses, which are cappable to chat OVER SHAREAZA CHAT SYSTEM,
should have a RED point, which is clickable for opening a chatwindow. The
protocol indication was yesterday. Now we announce the communication
possibilities
between all shareaza peers (no matter where they come from).

23. Search Tab: Please fill out with the "ok" (graphic: "v/") icons the
status row in search results for edonkeycleints. Nor there are three blancs.

24. Please change donkey to overnet OR implement EFARM in each shareaza, so
that emule is decentralized with efarm in each client. Each emuleplugin
should be a server for 25-50 leaves of emule. Then emule is decentral.

25. Is it possible to update the ed2k-serverlist over only a shareaza 1.9 to
1.9 connection, while all ed2k servers are dead ?

26. The Host cache has only ed2k servers. Where do I find the 1024 gnutella
ip adresses host cache for bootstrapping, if gwebcaches are not found? We
need a second hostcache with peers of gnutella, if gwebcahces are disabled all.

27. In the search tab: The name "p2p Network" should be renamed to gnutella.
In the translation it is not changed. So please re-change it in english as
well to GNUTELLA OR GNUDO - THE ULTIMATE NETWORK - BACK. Find a name for this
newcreated network.
DECENTRALIZATION IS THE GNUTELLA CORE AND HAS SUSTAINABILITY. So go back to
this name, if it was overnet to implement instead of edonkey, then
DECENTRALIZATION would fit as well the Gnutella competency. Be aware not to go
central!
Especially with the buddylist (Do not implement GAIM, but a GUID System).

28. Import Filter: Takes a lot of time and freezes. Would be great, if the
importes files would be deleted, because if freezed, then we can see which
files are left to import.
And this works if we have a "import sharezaa-incomplete files" button, if
hash.dat is lost.
Sometimes the import filer allows you to click within shareaza while
importing, sometimes not. Can You make it clickable down on the taskbar? Or do
you
can make a seperate programm to import it? no .. but it must be easier for a
500 MHZ Pc. A window can be between import window and shareaza, so that you do
not see shareaza .. ! This is a gui or core problem of my pc.

29. Do not show the IP in the transfertab after the username. this is VERY
important I think. You combine peers, which have all a name. The RIAA has
immediately the information over a user from the ISP. I read some cases in the
neigbour town, where users shared just some musifiles!!!! This will be a real
problem in future to share with your IP shown. ONLY The GUI-Hidung of the IP
and a REAL MUST OF PARTIAL FILESHARING and the KEYWORDSEARCH for partials to
increase the number of users can help it! The whole thing makes only sense, if
Partials on the one net could be searched by keywordsearch on the other net.
This is not working yet ?

30. Delete in options/ network/ the protocol tab. This information is not
adjustable, so it is not needed an could read in the help function on the
board. The normal user does not need information about THEX and Bitorrent...
protocol specs.

31. You are performing ONE UNIQUE net, so why do you have in the network tab
grey point and line and blue point and line-text-colour and green point and
textline ? They are all hubs!
And they perform now one network, GNU-DO or THE ULTIMATE NETWORK, whatever
you want. So there is no need to mark the hubs by colours. The Betatesters can
now see, but the normal user not knowing of both networks is not interested
in black and white, he only needs friends. Stopp giving jewish people a
yellow star. Noone needs this. this is always a symbol and sign of a process of
intermediate change. Germany wall has fallen and both nations merged, but
this is always not possible to hold on to the symbols of the own identities.
Seems to be a strong need to rember the tradition until a new mixture is
performed?

32. Please make G1 support default: We know, you left it blank in the beta
to not hurt the network, but if all is tested, please make one g1 ultrapeer
default!
And now some critical:
If not, then the friendlyness to emule is ony there to leech off the g1
network?
1.8 is leeching A + B
1.9 is leeching B + C
2.0 is a strong B network, without contact from A to C.

Vinnie will cry. So Vinnie is good consulted not to implement emule, but to
implement G2!
We need a G1 Client which is bridging the partials from G2. This should be
Bearshare - or G1 is dead. And emule as well, if Emule does not add a Gnuc G1
DNA with Magnet Uri SHA1 links.

33.
 Real juistice is given, if emule and shareaza have the same amount of hubs
and leaves.
The REAL Ratio is (in the search tab) the searched download amount-number of
files with only ed2k-hash and on the other hand files with both hashes!!!
The now leeching architecture is giving more hybrid results (sha1 plus
ed2k-hash) than single-ed2k-results. So wee need hybrid-G1-results in emule and
we
need Hybrid-g2-results in any G1-Client like Bearshare.

Or do you know a better way how a Fragment from overnet can be available on
a gnucleus?

34.
Otherwise a new standard is defined, and emule morpheus and Bearshare have
to be the same as MLDoneky. So emule and MLDonkey on windows are only
seperated by differences in GUI and Programmed language?

35. AND NOW - Here it is: THE REAL MAGNETO EFFECT:
We need a real magneto funtion, where each file, wich has only a ed2k-hash,
attracts the sha1 for this file (by a searchsubroutine). Maybe there is an
active/additional search needed.
So if I download an edonkey link, then on all both-hashing networks for the
edonkeylinks should be searched automatically, until the fitting SHA1 is
found, then each Download get both hashes and can rezume from both networks.
This
is what I call the LONELY HASH SEARCH or the REAL MAGNETO EFFECT, which is
needed. The Hash in the downloadtab is not made to be alone, god says.
If in the Download-Tab a download is Indicated with only one Hash, then this
is crap! All automatism searches should to collect information should be
used to get a couple.

36. Ok the basis is developed. Now we need a common way to browse each other
and to chat with each other and to make a friendslist and to have a
community chatroom. THIS is the definition of common base.

Sorry, now some critical ;-):
ULTIMATE PROTOCOL was yesterday,. The Next generation of p2p is to build up
a COMMUNITY.

While Mike was yesterday facing only multiprotocols (nothing more than
adding A and B under one gui), we now need today COMMON LANGUAGES of
communication: de-buddylist and de-chatrooms and de-hostbrowsing - independent
from the
client.
(maybe not independent from the network, which is the Md4-sha1-hashing
network, (while with evolution it will only remain the sha1-network)).

37. It is funny how the whole gnutella crew is posting funny on emuleboards,
where each post with only the word GNUTELLA was deleted immediately
yesterday. What a blame for emuledevelopers. The could not stand the
rain(water),
which was pressing throuh the walls. Stay seperated was the motto and now on the
wedding day the marriage society is so polite. Welcome Shareaza for this
overtaking. This makes only sense if emule is hashing in sha1 and magnet uri as
well!
The real friendlyness - correct me if I am wrong :-) - was shown to the
questions of mldonkeydeveloper about g2 on the old shareazaboards, they were not
answered on the removed and old shareaza board. But this is a good feel for
competition, we all want and which only leads to innovation! Oh yes, the
coding of others is "shubber". BTW, the word Shareaza is not allowed on edonkey
overnet forums, in the emuelboard the word is just trojanic marketing, as the
board admins say about the word gnutella or overnet before.

38. Really leeching is sharezaa the emulenetwork, if two shareaza1.9 users
import the same file and swap fragments over g2-protocol. Noone can
participate from this chunk as it was transferred to a single-g2-client and to
get the
full access to the new network, emule needs to implement g2 before they
implement overnet.

39. Will Efarm Accept Shareaza ?

40. Amout of shared media:
> I welcome views on that if you disagree.
Proposal N.A.M.E.S. (GDF), which is a mix of criteria, which means the amout
of shared media is one of them.

41. In the search tab the clients are called Edonkey. This is the network.
Please call clients as clients as emule / edonkeyhybrid / MLdoneky. Or call
the clumn "Network"  not "Client", I would prefer client, this means to speak
of emule, if it is emule ! But as suggested above, hide this row in the search
tab. noone is interested in the clientsname.

42.
> "Dammage" talked to the ed2k.de.vu admins:
>The whole ed2k.de.vu community requests:
>* forced PFS
>* forced ratio
>* max search results 100 from ed2k, then stop (not more possible)

-> I recommend this too.

43. He Mike, maybe this or that point is demotivating, this is needed to
find new improovements.  Its just the circle of review or veryfying, you
requested. So just only sleep one night over it. Thanks as well to robert,
dunno his
role, while you say you are the only devloper and how old he is. Nice man
with goals.

44. QUEUES: There are too much queues with too much uploadslots and too long
queues. This five times for five and more queues makes it toooo unable to
view. In the last 1.7 beta there were one or two uploadslots and a queue of 15
or so. Now I have over 45 lines in the upload tab ? Please can you reduce
this under 20 ?
I do not need a medium queue and now queue for partials!!!!!!! Even the one
time a file is listed in the donkeycore, the next start it is the large file
queue ? What are the criteria to choose a queue ?

Why dont you make a queue for each file:
1. Sahrezaa 1.7 for file A fragment 23 ++
2. Emule for file A fragment 27 ++
3. Edonkeyhybrid for file A fragment 222 ++
4. Shareaza hybrid for file A fragment 145 ++

45. G2-connection is sometimes difficult, if edonkey parts use so much
connections?

46. It is wrong to download every ed2k-link over ed2kFTp from the
donkeynetwork, FIRST Shareaza schould search on the gnutellanetwork for this
ed2k hash,
if it is found, then the SHA1 should be stored as well and then the search
should go for this sha1 on the gnutellanetwork, if all results are under 10
sources - THEN and only THEN the connection to the ed2k-network should be
established for this particular search on the ed2k-nework for the ed2k-hash. So
the REAL MAGNETO EFFECT (see above, "COUPLING")neets to change ed2k-hashes in
sha1 hashes.

Thanks, I hope these nearly 50 suggestions can help you or someone is
interested in reading and answering or commenting the questions.

In a short management summary:
- MAGNETO-COUPLING: Each file must have bith hases, as information.
- PARTIALS must give back a Keyword-Queryhit.
- Upload-Queues should not be so difficult
- A button to indicate a connection to all three: g1 g2 ed2k.
- Adding a buddylist.

thank you