Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: MLDonkey on VFAT

From: Andrea Cascio
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: MLDonkey on VFAT
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 17:32:26 +0200

On Saturday 13 September 2003 15:54, Sven Hartge wrote:
> Andrea Cascio <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I've got a dual-boot (w2k/linux) system with all the files I'd like to
> > share on a FAT32 partition. If I install and start mlnet from a fat32
> > partition (vfat under linux), should I expect strange problems
> > (permissions, case sensitivity)? Has someone already tried this? Thank
> > you.
[...]
> I would install mldonkey onto my normal Linux partition and only use the
> FAT-partition to transfer files from/to Windows.

Yes, but this way I can't install mldonkey chrooted and share the files on my
FAT32 partition... unless I mount it under the chroot jail. But if I mount
the FAT32 partition this way, I put all its contents (even sensitive data) in
the chrooted dir, thus defeating the purpose of chroot itself!

Any suggestion?
                                             BYE
                                           HackSaw