[Mldonkey-users] Very big LGPL problem -- Fasttrack support

From: Sylvain LE GALL
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Very big LGPL problem -- Fasttrack support
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 18:12:12 +0200

Hello,

I am actually the maintainer of the mldonkey-server package in Debian. I
have run through a lot of trouble on the last month with the archive
maintainter because mldonkey seems to contains files which does not
comply at all with LGPL :
/src/.../fasttrack/enc_types*.c

Reading it, it seems obvious that it comes from a disassembly program or
something like that. It is not what we can call a LGPL part.

Is any of the upstream aware of this problem ?

I think it should be a big problem, since the existence of mldonkey on
savannah is dependent of the compliance with LGPL...

If any one knows what is the right way to deal with this problem ( my
last mldonkey-server version is mldonkey without this part of the source
).

Thanks in advance for your response.
Sylvain LE GALL.

ps : it is not a question of LGPL, BSD or sthg like that. It is just the
fact that disassembly is a problem for all licence...
pps : i thank upstream for the great work on mldonkey.