Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: eMule 0.29b secure client hash

From: Ken Bradshaw
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: eMule 0.29b secure client hash
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 00:06:16 +0200

Sven Hartge wrote:
My xMule happily downloads from any eMule, and it does _not_ participate
in any Key-Exchanges used by the secure user ident.

This is not what we (me and a friend) experienced. mldonkey and xmule can connect to emules, but the connection is cut after some (30?) seconds (which thus made us think it was the timeout of some requested auth expiring). So even you connect to client you cannot download out of them more than some k.

For instance, xmule could only dl nearly nothing (~16k a day) of some not-so-available file, while the eMule 0.30a dl at 8k/s without problem.

It was not the case before this summer.

So maybe this is not the Key Exchange protocol, but what else then?