Re: [Mldonkey-users] mlnet.pid: Permission denied

From: Jabba Wabbah
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] mlnet.pid: Permission denied
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 18:26:25 +0000

The screen you get should be related to the fact that your mldonkey dir
is owned by some one else than user mldonkey group mldonkey. Could you
give me the owner of /home/mldonkey/downloads.ini ( and of the rest of
the file in this dir ).

You were definitely right ! /home/mldonkey was owned by "nobody" ;
a chown -R fixed this, and everything seems back to normal again.

I can't explain myself why this happened in the first place, though. Is
this related to the warning I got while updating the package, or was
this a wrong manupulation I did ? We'll see if others fill a bug report ;
but I suspect I just screwed thing up myself :-)

Thanks for your help, anyway !

JW.

From Beethoven to the Rolling Stones, your favorite music is always playing
on MSN Radio Plus. No ads, no talk. Trial month FREE! http://join.msn.com/?page=offers/premiumradio