Re: [Mldonkey-users] List of 'nice to have's and bugs

From: Fortin Denis
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] List of 'nice to have's and bugs
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 00:53:55 +0100

Le sam 22/11/2003 à 00:06, Martin a écrit :
> Andre Hinrichs wrote...
> > 3.) When started from console the second line that appears there is
> >     "You can download files up to 2GB" which should be 4GB now the latest
> > patch is applied.
>
> this message is generated dynamically and shows the max file size your
> system can handle depending on os and fs...
It's only related to glibc. We have no way to guess fs size limit but it
shouldn't be a problem with modern ones.
We use off_t instead of long to fix this bug. off_t is a dynamic
structure which can be a 4Bytes one or 8Bytes.
Using AC_SYS_LARGEFILE macro probably test if off_t can be 8B long and
define an argument for the compiler.
If your glibc don't support off_t of 8B you will never finish a >2GB
download because the offset parameter of lseek is of type off_t.
You can put whatever structure instead of off_t (like unsigned long long
int), lseek won't go over 2GB.
I don't know what's the version of your glibc but it can be quite old.
>  if it says 2gb it probably
> is.... latest patch wont increase the limit up to 4gb....it will
> increase up to system-max! (this patch is now in cvs)
>
> FYI: my mldonkey sais ...files up to 2^63-1 bytes...

Denis