Re: [Mldonkey-users] List of 'nice to have's and bugs

From: Roland Arendes
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] List of 'nice to have's and bugs
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 13:09:57 +0100

Hi Markus Hitter,

MH> Do priorities actually work for you?
MH> I tried a lot to prefer files almost completed by setting priorities.
MH> Well - I can't see any effect.

Well they work. If you have more downloads than
max_concurrent_downloads (which should not be set higher than 30,
otherwise servers will reply with less sources), the "Queued"-Status
is set according to the priorities.

If you have less than max_concurrent_downloads, the priority should
change the Hash-Order, which files are requested by the clients.

MH> MLdonkey seems to have a strong priority towards the most incomplete
MH> file. The only way to prefer a file seems to pause all others.
MH> IMHO, if a remote client has a file with a high priority, files with
MH> lower priorities shouldn't be requested from this client at all. The
MH> remote client will send one chunk at a time only, regardless how much
MH> you request from him(?).

Well, this could mess up the whole download system.

-Roland