Re: [Mldonkey-users] how to upgrade after building new mlnet binaries fr

From: kami petersen
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] how to upgrade after building new mlnet binaries from cvs
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:44:32 +0100

create and execute softlink "~/.mld/mlnet" targeting "~/mldonkey-version-so-and-so/mlnet"

and wichever other executable you use. and always back up your ini's when experimenting... this way your executables dir will never be modified and won't be mixed with your configuration files.

cheers,
kami

Murphy wrote:

I am using MLNet 2.5-4 and yesterday I got the cvs and
compiled it. Following is the structure of my
directoris:

~/.mld  --> contains my *ini file, temp dir and
incoming dir

~/mld   -->> contains my older binaries (mlnet, mlgui
etc)

~/cvs/   -->> contains the newly compiled binaries
(mlnet 2-5.4+1

I would like to know how to upgrade to new binaries.
One method is that just overwrite the older binaires
with new and restart the mlnet without touching  any
ohter *ini files. I am asking this question so that I
dont screw up the 5 GB of partial downloads while
upgrading to new binaries.

Thanking in advance
Murphy