Re: [Mldonkey-users] make error

From: Fabian Henrici
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] make error
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 12:09:46 +0100

b8_bavard wrote:

Welcome to the world of the beta-testers of ocaml compilers. Your
version of Ocaml is not official (3.07+6 instead of 3.07), so you have
the priviledge of playing with its new features, in this case it fails
to accept 0xffffffff as a good integer, so you can simply replace that
by 0x7fffffff and it should work fine, or downgrade your ocaml version
to 3.07.

- b8_bavard

can someone help me with this compilation error?

File "src/daemon/common/commonSearch.ml", line 935, characters 35-45:
Integer literal exceeds the range of representable integers of type int
make: *** [src/daemon/common/commonSearch.cmx] Error 2

My system:

Debian unstable on x86 (Celeron)
newest cvs of mldonkey from 11/28/03
Ocaml 3.07+6 (2003-11-25)

As I am no programmer I haven't got the slightest idea what to do.

Thanks a lot, Fabian

Thanks, it worked. And what a privilege it was, especially again in
line 944 :-), too bad I was stopped by this afterwards:

Files build/common.cmxa and /usr/local/lib/ocaml/stdlib.cmxa
make inconsistent assumptions over interface CamlinternalOO
make: *** [mlnet] Error 2

I'll try downgrading Ocaml now.

Fabian