Re: [Mldonkey-users] Download to correct an existing file

From: Andre Hinrichs
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Download to correct an existing file
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 10:48:02 +0100

On Friday 05 December 2003 10:21, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have alread downloaded a file and I have burnt
> it into a CD. Now the CD is demaged and I cannot
> read the complete file from the CD without errors
> anymore. Then I want to download this file again,
> but only the parts which are bad. How can I achieve
> this? Is it enough to copy the defectif file to
> the temp directory of mldonkey and rename it to the
> hash of the correct file (found with a search)?
>
> Any help?

I once had the same problem and I just copied the file to the incoming
directory and started the download again. After restarting MLdonkey it builds
the hashes of the new file in incoming and recognizes that the new download
needs some of the chunks and copies them. After that you can savely delete
the file in the incoming directory.
I'm not quite sure if this is working without restarting the MLdonkey.
I just restarted MLdonkey.

Another way is to copy the file into the temp directory but you have to name
the file like the hash number of the complete download means you have to know
this hash first. After doing so you have to do a 'recover_temp'.

Andre