[Mldonkey-users] using a mysql for store the donwload and downloaded fil

From: Diaz Rodriguez, Eduardo
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] using a mysql for store the donwload and downloaded files
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:41:47 +0100

Hello people of mldonkey users.

I have many time thinking about one problem of mldonkey, the duplicate
downloads and use mldonkey in many machines.

I search about a interface for mysql o similar but the problem is that the
idea don't have many success :-D..

I want to make some developed for this goals:

use mysql(or other) database include a list of my hash files that I am
downloading and I downloaded.

GNU :-D...

don't touch the code from mldonkey (for use in all versions).

Use the protocol handler of mozilla for check if I download this hash file.

Use only http for comms. Bye firewalls..

This is the idea:

one (for mldonkey machine) perl script greps the hash files that I download
and downloaded and insert the data in the database mysql.

Use the Mozilla MLdonkey Protocol Handler for check over http the hash, and
don't insert if the hash is in the list..
the Mozilla MLdonkey Protocol Handler are in javascript and can be very easy
modify for use one simple php page for check if the hash exists....

The problems:
time :-D..
only for mozilla (is a problem???):-D..
my javascript is very bad ..., medim skil level in perl :-D..

Ideas??, Comments??

Observa lo ridículo en todas las cosas.
                -- Robert Smith. Cantante y guitarrista de The Cure.