Re: [Mldonkey-users] Reserve slots for specific networks

From: kami petersen
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Reserve slots for specific networks
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:05:56 +0100

Joao Correia wrote:

Er... I think the problem with the copyright is important and all, but I
truly believe the point here is that mldonkey is such a great app that it
was used with morpheus. Let's not forget that morpheus was, sometime after
napster, the *next big thing*  for a very large while.

It should be very rewarding for the developers of this great application to
have such a recognition.

This said, of course all means should be pursued to make sure morpheus
complies with all copyright notices.

there's a lot of things that _used_ to be better, and in the case of morpheus, i would rather suspect greedy decadence, incompetence and desperation, as a motif for integrating mldonkey (things are getting quite shaky in their backyard). wich is my personal guess.

on a theoretical plane, and _if_ they had incorporated gpl code, they could be asked to reveal all their own proprietary code, and pretty soon we would have morpheus lite, without ads, spyware etc. wich i personally think would be quite funny.

PS-After all, we are all copyright respecting people here, only trading
legal vacation movies over a totally legal network, respecting all
copyrights...
not me. only if the copyright makes sense. =)

cheers,
kami