monit-dev

Re: outstanding issues

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: outstanding issues
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 23:25:34 +0100

Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

Martin Pala <address@hidden> writes:

2.) it will be needed to keep state of processes do_validate flag in
the case of configuration reload. We discussed it, Rory and me
submitted some hints. There is only one question - shall we release
monit without this feature (now) or add it to 3.1?

Bear with me, what was the deal again with the do_validate flag, I
remember that it was not set properly but what was the reason and why
was it a problem?

Problem is, that in the case of for example manual mode, you don't need to reset do_validate to its defaults in the case of monits configuration change, because it will break the running services. Similar problem could be, id you want to stop process for some reason (stop monitoring as well). Bacuse monit will replace current Run environment with new one in the case of configuration reload, all these informations are lost. This is default behavior of present and all previous versions of monit (not regarded to new code).

Martin