monit-dev

monit status via http

From: Davide Dente
Subject: monit status via http
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 18:51:58 +0100

Hello,

following my email on the monit-general mailing list ("Re: features to
work on - summary and request for discussion") I did take a look at the
monit cvs sources on savannah, and I did find out that I could be able to
cobble something together.

The idea is simply to have the HTTP interface of monit output the same
info as the command line interface "monit status" command. As this
command actually just queries the HTTP demon for every service, it isn't
really much difficult to do.

And I really think it is useful as it permits remote scripts to easily
query a potentially large number of servers from a central location.

Attached is my proposed patch.

Caveats:

- it is the first time I did touch C in nearly 5 years !

- I was unable to find a recent tarball of the sources (could someone
point me to an up to date tarball), so I was unable to build and test
this patch. I would be very grateful if somebody could check if this is
working.

- I did choose to use an URL like "http://localhost:2812/?statustext";, as
I did prefer to make this change as simple as possible.

Any comments welcome.

Regards,
David

                          or over the web