monit-dev

Re: event ratio patch updated

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: event ratio patch updated
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 17:13:14 +0200

On 5. sep. 2005, at 09.53, Martin Pala wrote:

Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

I have only browsed through the patch and it looks fine by me, although I'm not quite sure what is going on with the Event.state_map bit-flicking :-)

The state is kept in in the bitmap which workes similar to the ringbuffer -

Thanks for the explanation

Since you use a long long (could uint64_t be used instead?) does this mean that there are only room for 64 failed/ passed events?

Right. The bitmap is adaptive - depending on how large the 'long long' type is on given architecture, then the corresponding cycles count history are kept.

The parser checks for 'long long' size vs. cycles count in the rule and reports the corresponding maximal value when the cycles count is greater then can be described by the 'long long' bitmap.

I didn't see that one. Good solution!

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Mobil +47 97141255