Re: thttpd

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: thttpd
Date: 16 Aug 2002 05:40:40 +0200

Igor Homyakov <address@hidden> writes:

> anybody use monit with thttpd server ?
>
> I got troubles with http check. I think it's HTTP/1.1

>From the syslog entries you submitted it looks like monit is issuing a
valid HTTP/1.1 request (which of course it should do). The only thing
I can think of is that thttpd has problems with the headers monit
submit, which is strange.

Anyway I have done some small changes in the http protocol test and
added a "Accept: */*" header. I do not think it will help but you
never know. You will have to download monit from cvs to test it.

Another option to find out what's going wrong is to start monit with
gbd (the C debugger). I don't know if this is an option for you, but
the way to do it is to load monit into gdb. Set a break-point in
check_http and run the debugger with: r validate. I use validate to
avoid starting monit as a daemon since it's easier to debug that way.

PS. I hope everything is okay with you guys in Germany, Czechoslovakia
and Russia and that you haven't been affected by the major flood
problems we read about in the news.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland