Re: [HTTP]:error "running" link

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: [HTTP]:error "running" link
Date: 30 Sep 2002 20:02:42 +0200

"Izquierdo, Raul" <address@hidden> writes:

>       Hi, I installed monit 2.5 in a linux cluster and it works Ok.
>       I seen the new monit version 3.0 and I installed it on a Solaris 8
> Sun Ultra T1. All goes well, but when I click on the "running" link to
> access to see the monit process status (_runtime) it show the following
> error message:
>
>               While trying to retrieve the URL:
> <http://10.124.16.32:2812/_runtime>
>               The following error was encountered:
> *     Connection Failed
>
>               After this messages appears, I canĀ“t access to any page
> because monit process is stopped. I must restart monit.

Looks like a SIGSEGV bug that kills the monit daemon. Not much code
was added between version 2.5 to 3.0 for the runtime status, so this
is a bit strange, but the problem should be easy to locate. Could you
post your monitrc file and how you start monit to this mailing list?
And if you get a monit core file (probably in /core) could you make
this available via an url for downloading so we can debug what's
causing the bug.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland